Supervision of Climate-related Risks in the Insurance Sector
last update on: 11/10/2021
This module is based on the Application Paper on the Supervision of Climate-related Risks in the Insurance Sector published by the Sustainable Insurance Forum (SIF) and IAIS
Supervisors will learn about:
- integrating their climate risk considerations into their regulatory framework
- working with with insurers to highlight the impact of climate change on business profiles and portfolios
- Supervisory review and reporting (ICP 9)
- Corporate governance, risk management and internal controls (ICP 7 & 8)
- Enterprise risk management for solvency purposes, including scenario analysis and stress testing (ICP 16)
- Investments (ICP 15)
- Disclosures (ICP 20)
Download the paper here: Supervision of Climate-related Risks in the Insurance Sector
The module includes a case study by the Bank of England on how they have approached integrating climate related risks into their supervisory and regulatory framework.
In order to track your progress, receive a badge for finishing this module, and participate in the discussion forum, we recommend that you register for an account and stay logged in.